About Me

My photo
Growing up in Oregon, I constantly heard wise words from my mother like "lets recycle that," "you can walk," "don't use too much water," "whole wheat is better than white," "no dessert if you don't eat your vegetables," "dark lettuce is better for you than light," "paper over plastic," "don't leave anything behind" and so much more. Her healthy ways got me into many sports and helped turn me into a record-setting track athlete. In 2006, my mother lost a 3 year battle with Lou Gehrig's Disease; something nobody would have ever expected. That was right around the time I joined the Surfrider Foundation in San Diego and had my first child, whom she never met. Now 10 years have passed since losing my mother, yet volunteering for the Surfrider Foundation, and becoming a mother, I've noticed her words have come through clearer than ever. In addition to personal training and triathlon coaching, I have done some blogging to help our planet, and improve lives. I hope you enjoy my content, and join me in my journey for a cleaner planet and promoting happier, healthier lives!

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lets Make a Difference!

As a child I assumed everyone was taught the same lessons as me on the importance of the 3Rs (Reuse, Reduce, Recycle), not overusing our natural resources, eating healthy local foods, and getting in some exercise.  The more I became educated and the more I traveled, the more I realized how dirty our Earth really is and how many people either DON'T know it, simply don't care, or have just given up.  Those who ignore the environmental issues may think "I won't make a difference," "it won't happen in my generation," or "it's too late."  The fact is, ANYONE can make a difference, and we can all do more, including me.  That said, I'd love to hear your comments and requests as we've all got to work together to make this planet a better place.

Now for my plans; tips on how to get by without single use plastics, environmentally friendly alternatives at the grocery store, transportation solutions, how to SAVE $$ while keeping our Earth happy, how to reduce your water bill with an ocean friendly garden, explanations of why garbage in the ocean impacts us on land, how to hold a fun yet environmentally friendly and healthy party, and since I'm a personal trainer, if requested, I can certainly post plenty of ways to enjoy nature while keeping fit. :)  Let me know what you want most!

No comments:

Post a Comment